Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Comment Rules

As of yesterday, "anonymous" comments will no longer be accepted. This has been recommended as good policy and I've been forced to agree. Although this was due mostly to comments (largely by trolls) on my primary blog (The Mad Monarchist) I have to say that the lighter side of things here at Mad for Monaco was not immune to problems. Some anonymous comments were good or at least benign and it is too bad those will no longer be featured (unless they sign in or get an account somewhere) but I have to say there have been a lot of anonymous comments lately that were exclusively devoted to hateful insults directed at Charlene Wittstock. I think my opinions on that subject are well known (to all regular readers at least) but regardless of your opinion, spreading insulting gossip and leaving hateful comments just for their own sake is wrong -plain and simple. I never posted those and now I will not have to deal with them at all. I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience for anyone and thanks to all for reading. -MM

2 comments:

  1. I had to think about these new rules for a few hours before commenting. I agree with your decision. The time to "bad mouth" Charlene is over. Those of us who grew up with Prince Albert dreaming that he would come on his white house and take us away have grown up enough to know that the dream died years ago. Even if it hasn't for some, if you truely care about someone, you want them to be happy--even if its not with you.

    Charlene will mad both good decisions and bad decisions just like every royal before her. We can only pray for his sake she makes better choices than bad ones. She needs, she deserves a chance to prove herself.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always found it distasteful for people to hide behind anonymity to make personal attacks and call others juvenile, ugly names. Opinions are one thing, insults another. I have always been rather skeptical of Charlene but, I trust that Albert knows her best, she is the one he has chosen and I will as ever support him and his princess and wish them all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...